Things around here have been pretty quiet and uneventful this week thus far. Naomi and I both have had crazy work-weeks so by the time we get home we're both mentally and physically exhausted. On the upside, since I haven't been working on any home projects, Ive used this as a opportunity to really gauge exactly where I'm going with our spaces.
Though my mind changes like Texas weather, there are a few things that have remained constant throughout the course of planning the design of our home. Now that I'm sure of the direction we're headed there are a few key pieces I'm going to be on the hunt for. Here are a few things I'm hoping to fill our colorful walls with over time:
1. A tulip table-to put in a corner of our family room to serve as a game table. We play a lot of phase 10 in this house. Currently we usually play on the floor, so it ll be nice to have a legit seating solution.
2. Either a parson's desk or a vintage desk-to replace our current one that used to be my daughters 3 years ago. I just cant decide which aesthetic I want to go with just yet.
3. A kilim rug or two or three or ten!-for various places within our home. We currently have no rugs, anywhere! (well except in the mudroom)
4. A big vintage dining table-because our current one is small and kinda sucks. We do a lot of entertaining and now that we don't have a formal dining space we need a big table to host both our daily family meals and larger groups. It needs to seat 8-10.
5. A campaign dresser-because Ive been wanting one for 2 years now. It'll either serve as a bar in front room, or be used to create an entryway space. I have yet to even so much as see one in a thrift or antique store. One day....
6. Bar Stools-our current ones are not. pretty. at. all. Naomi likes this one from Ikea, but I think its too modern.
7. A chesterfield sofa and a vintage sofa-both for the front room.
Are you on the hunt for any key pieces for your home? Do tell. Until next time.....